9th International Conference on Smart Learning Ecosystem and Regional Development (hybrid format)
2024: LOOKING FOR TRACES OF THE FUTURE IN THE PRESENT: SUPPORTING WELL-BEING GROWTH FOR ALL
In the context of smart learning ecosystems and regional development it is vital to adopt a forward-thinking mind-setting that takes into account the future needs of the learners and the changing economic landscape.
Such a mind-setting can benefit from a more holistic perspective that considers the social and cultural context of the region, as well as the skills and capabilities of its workforce and the wellbeing of all involved actors. This requires a deeper understanding of the community and its needs, as well as a commitment to inclusive and equitable development.
Ultimately, identifying traces and latent images of the future in the present smart learning ecosystems and regional contexts means laying the foundations for a long-term view that enables wellbeing growth in fair contexts. Indeed, embracing a holistic approach, investing in education and training, and promoting inclusive development, is what we need to create a more prosperous and sustainable future for all.
The general topics of the conference reflect the above perspective aiming to provide in-depth discourse among academics, students and practitioners. SLERD 2024 is proud to invite colleagues – researchers and practitioners – from all over the world to share the efforts concerning the development of smart learning ecosystems capable to promote smart learning, social innovation and equally accessible quality education.
General Topics of interests
General topics of interests can be grouped under three big themes: places for smart education, people in place centered design for smart education, supportive learning technologies and tools for smart education
Places for smart education
- future of institutional learning
- interplay between formal and informal learning
- new educational models and settings
- continuity-discontinuity of time, technology, place/space, processes in learning
- role of, and case studies of, games and gamification in smart education
- dual education and other alternation scheme approaches
- monitoring and benchmarking of smartness (individual, institution, city, region)
People in place centered design for smart education
- general frameworks and methodological advances
- design, data and other relevant literacies
- teachers’ continuous training (literacies, skills and competencies)
- smart citizens’ literacies, skill and competences
- communities and co-design in smart learning
- sharing & participatory practices
- open access to any resource and disparity
- educational design for all
- cultural influences
- ethical aspects in smart learning
Supportive technologies and tools for smart education
- AI for smart learning ecosystems: tools and H-AI interaction
- semantic web technologies and applications
- text/opinion mining and sentiment analysis
- real/virtual communities and social network analysis
- interoperability and application of open/smart data and services
- safety & security in education
- IoT, ubiquitous and wearable technologies
- adaptability to educational contexts and citizens
- role of VR, AR and MR in education
- Paper submission: 8th March 2024, 23:59 GMT
- Notification of acceptance: 19th April 2024
- Camera-ready submission: 3rd May 2024
Papers should be written according to the Springer Instruction for Authors of the series Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies.
Extended versions of selected papers will be included also in a special issue of IxD&A Journal (ISSN 1826-9745, e-ISSN 2283-2998) that is indexed by SCOPUS and Emerging Sources of Web of Science.
Submission categories: Contributions are expected to contain min. 4500 words (about 10 pages). The max. length of the contributions should not overcome 16 pages.
Submission procedure: Paper submission is handled through Easychair. SLERD follows a double-blind reviewing process, thus papers need to be fully anonymized. Authors need to upload their papers by means of this link: EasyChair SLERD 2024